Medicine Hat Affordable Housing Registry Guidelines
1. A registry will be maintained as a free public service for the purposes of providing information regarding affordable housing options.
2. Medicine Hat Affordable Housing Registry does not physically inspect accommodations being offered and cannot verify or vouch for the competence or reliability of the landlords or the tenants and does not recommend, monitor or evaluate any of the landlords or tenants. It is the responsibility of the landlord and/or tenant to check these matters.
3. Medicine Hat Affordable Housing Registry reserves the right to decide who will be registered in this registry.
4. The maximum allowable rental posting(s) are considered reasonable as per the unit type (bedroom size) and will not exceed the following:
1 bedroom $709
2 bedroom $830
3 bedroom $936
4 bedroom $1030
5 bedroom $1133
5. Landlords and Tenants posting information must report to the Medicine Hat Affordable Housing Registry when they have satisfied their housing requirements so that the information will be removed from the registry. All postings will be removed after two months.
6. Registry cards will be completed by a landlord and/or individuals looking for accommodation.
7. The Medicine Hat Affordable Housing Registry will post the following disclaimer on the Housing Registry site. The disclaimer will also appear on all registry cards:
DISCLAIMER: The Medicine Hat Affordable Housing Registry nor any of its associates does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained in the Medicine Hat Affordable Housing Registry, the suitability of the premises including compliance with land use bylaws or the character of the landlord or the prospective tenant. No investigation is undertaken by the Medicine Hat Affordable Housing Registry in this regard and the involved parties should investigate and verify all aspects of the accommodation and rental relationship and make their own decision accordingly.